How We Work and Our Partners in Serving New York City Seniors
VASCA‘s goal is to maximize scholarship support for summer camping respites for as many low-income New York City seniors as possible. To accomplish this, we make lump sum cash grants to participating camps and senior centers. Funds are distributed with just a few restrictions:
- Agencies will have freedom to determine who participates and how much support each senior will receive, although the use of a VASCA grant is exclusively restricted to provide summer camping.
- Those served must be senior citizens (age 60+) and residents of New York City.
- All those receiving help must be certified as low-income; aid to any individual will be capped.
- Funds must be expended by September 30th of each program year.
- A brief report is required documenting those served and showing proof of summer camp attendance (receipts, cancelled checks, etc.).
- No agency is eligible for further grants until the season’s report is filed.
Berkshire Hills Emmanuel Adult Vacation Center
(Fall Village, CT)
The Salvation Army- Star Lake Lodge
Visions Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired
(Spring Valley, NY)
Corsi Senior Center
East River Senior Center of Union Settlement Association
Encore Community Services
Forest Hills Senior Center
General Chauncey Hooper Towers
Goddard Riverside Senior Center
James Weldon Johnson Senior Center
JASA Shorefront Senior Center
Rego Park Senior Center
St. Louis Senior Center
Stanley M. Isaacs Neighborhood Center
Sunnyside Community Services Senior Center
The Salvation Army Harlem Temple Corps
West End Intergenerational Residence