VASCA 2019 Grant Program
VASCA invites online grant applications to promote its goal of providing summer vacations to low-income New York City senior citizens. All applicants must be 501(c)3 non-profits and have broad experience serving senior citizens.
VASCA’s mission is to maximize scholarship support for summer camping trips so as many low-income New York City seniors as possible can take part. Cash grants will carry the following restrictions:
- The use of this grant is restricted exclusively to providing summer camping. Agencies have freedom to determine who participates and how much support each senior will receive.
- Those served must be senior citizens (age 65+) and residents of New York City. [PLEASE NOTE that this has been raised from 62 or older in the past.]
- All those receiving help must be certified as low-income (i.e., receiving SSI, Medicaid, food stamps; less than $15,000 income per person annually).
- VASCA is now requiring that campers contribute 10% of the cost to their trips. While this may be waived in cases of extreme hardship, submitted budgets and reports should show these individual contributions, or explain why they should be waived.
- All funds must be expended by September 30th of the grant year. Any funds unused for summer camping must be returned to VASCA.
- A brief report form, available on VASCA’s website, must be completed and submitted online by December 31st; no agency will be eligible for future funding until their report on the 2019 season is filed.
VASCA typically gives around $60,000 annually, with individual grants averaging between $1,000 and $5,000.
2019 VASCA camping applications are OPEN until midnight, Monday, March 25, 2019.
Please email email@example.com for a link to the online application.
GRANTEES WILL BE NOTIFIED IN APRIL.